11 Charities that accept Balikbayan Box Donations
Filipinos all over the world are connected to their families and loved ones back home, through the spirit of giving.
Donating to charity is deeply rewarding for those who give and receive, whether it’s to support the causes you believe in or providing aid to those who are in need.
And for those of you who would love to commit an act of philanthropy and give donations in kind, why not send them over to our kababayans back home to help them?
These could be clothes that you hardly wore, toys and books that your children don’t need anymore, or if you have any excess canned food and toiletries you’ve got stashed away. This simple act of kindness can change somebody else’s life for the better.
In this article, we provided active charities in the Philippines that may accept your Balikbayan Box Donations as relief goods:
1. Childhope Philippines Foundation, Inc.
About: Childhope Philippines Foundation, Inc. or Childhope Philippines is a non-government organization or NGO for children in the Philippines. They work to promote welfare, uphold, and protect children’s rights, particularly children in street situations.
What You Can Donate: Pre-loved toys and clothes in good condition which they can pass on to beneficiaries or sell to help raise funds
- Phone – +639171005303
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address – 1210 Peñafrancia Street, Paco, Manila, Philippines 1807
- Website – http://childhope.org.ph/
2. Citizens Disaster Response Center
About: CDRC is a non-government organization that pioneered and continues to promote community-based disaster management in the Philippines.
What You Can Donate: Relief goods to non-food items like clothes, mats, and utensils
- Phone – +6329299820
- Email – email@example.com
- Address – 72-A Times, Homes, Lungsod Quezon, 1104 Kalakhang Maynila
- Website – https://www.cdrc-phil.com/
3. I Support the Girls
About: Whether they be homeless, refugees, in transitional housing, or fleeing domestic violence, women and girls should never have to compromise on dignity. I Support the Girls collects donations and distributes them to girls and women experiencing homelessness across the world.
What You Can Donate: New and gently-used bras, individually-sealed tampons and maxi pads
- Phone – Denise Fabella on Viber and Telegram
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Website – https://isupportthegirls.org/
4. Philippine Red Cross
About: Born officially in 1947, but with roots that trace back to the revolutionary days, the Philippine Red Cross has truly become the premier humanitarian organization in the country, committed to providing quality life-saving services that protect the life and dignity especially of indigent Filipinos in vulnerable situations.
What You Can Donate: Medicine, food, unused/barely-used clothing
- Phone – 143 Trunkline +6327902300
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address – 37 Edsa corner Boni Ave. Mandaluyong City 1550 Philippines
- Website – https://redcross.org.ph/
5. Love Education
About: With the mission to promote the love of learning, LovEd aims to promote the love of the printed word through storytelling, as well as promote the value of education.
What You Can Donate: Books, school supplies
- Phone – 143 Trunkline +6327902300
- Email – email@example.com
- Website – http://www.lovedvolunteers.com/
6. Goodwill Industries of the Philippines
About: Is a non-son-stock, non-profit civic organization committed to the rehabilitation of persons with disabilities (PWDs) and the disadvantaged through skill empowerment. It instills the spirit of independence, creativity, trust, and friendship among its beneficiaries. GIPI is a part of a worldwide organization of affiliates in over 33 countries under the guidance of Goodwill Industries International (GII).
What You Can Donate: New and gently used items
- Phone – +639199999329
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address – 22 Veterans Rd, Taguig, 1630 Metro Manila
- Website – https://goodwillindustries.wixsite.com/
7. Christian Mission Service Philippines
About: CMSP is a child-caring institution promoting the interest and welfare of the orphaned, abandoned, neglected and deprived children through holistic development; and strengthening the children’s ministry and advocacies of local churches in remote areas.
What You Can Donate: School supplies, clothes, footwear, medical supplies/food supplements, sports/recreational/educational materials, food/grocery items
- Phone – +6326311413
- Email – email@example.com
- Address – 188 Kaimitoville Kaimito St. Valle Verde 2 Ugong, Pasig City Philippines 1600
- Website – http://cms.org.ph/
8. Operation Blessing Foundation Philippines
About: Operation Blessing Foundation Philippines, Inc. is the humanitarian arm of CBN Asia, the producer of “The 700 Club Asia.” Established in 1996 to reach out to the most neglected and disadvantaged people in the Philippines, Operation Blessing is a non-governmental organization, duly licensed by the Department of Social Welfare and Development and accredited by the Philippine Council for NGO Certification as a donee institution.
What You Can Donate: Items for children and relief goods for disaster response
- Phone – +63286634701
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address – Address – 5th flr Sagittarius Bldg, 111 H. V Dela Costa St., Makati City, Metro Manila
- Website – http://www.obphil.com/
9. Precious Heritage Children’s Home
About: Precious Heritage Ministries Foundation’s residential facility named Precious Heritage Children’s Home is a community-based program within the scope of DSWD Region IV-A and National Capital Region such as feeding for the malnourished, teaching ministry, gift-giving program and scholarship program for the deserving underprivileged children.
What You Can Donate: Old baby bottles, clothes, blankets, toys, linens, pillows, household materials
- Phone – +6327365867
- Email – email@example.com
- Address – 1340 Manuel Hizon St. 1003 Sta. Cruz, Manila, Philippines
- Website – https://www.preciousheritagechildren.org/
10. Philippine Toy Library
About: Philippine Toy Library (PTL) was started by a group of volunteer-friends who came together and took on the challenge of providing the experience of play to our Filipino children. Formally launched on June 12, 2012, Philippine Toy Library (PTL) transforms idle spaces in barangays, schools, parishes, and partner organizations into fun and educational playrooms for the children in the community.
What You Can Donate: Toys, children’s books, children furniture, mats, and school supplies
- Phone – +639171507725
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address – 56 Esteban Abada St., Loyola Heights, 1108 Quezon City
- Website – https://www.philippinetoylibrary.org/
11. Philippine Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) and Compassion and Responsibility for Animals (CARA) Welfare Philippines
About: Non-profit and non-governmental organizations that provide shelter and care for abandoned and mistreated animals. CARA was formed in the year 2000 by a dedicated group of animal lovers determined to help the plight of animals in the Philippines, relying solely on private donations.
What You Can Donate: Food, diapers, clinic supplies, toilet paper, old towels, rags, and boxes
Contact Information for PAWS:
- Phone – +6327577-7178 (temporary ECQ#)
- Email – email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address – Aurora Blvd. Katipunan Valley, Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines 1108
- Website – https://paws.org.ph/
Contact Information for CARA:
- Phone – +6325323340 / +639195790047
- Email – email@example.com
- Address – 175 Lopez Rizal St. cor. Samat St., Mandaluyong City
- Website – https://animals.caraphil.org/